West and East Side DMV Mobile Closure - Friday, April 14, 2017
As the Perinton and Gates town offices are closed on Good Friday, April 14, the DMV mobile units that normally operate there will not be open. Branch offices and Metro Mobile are not affected.
Making Rochester's DMV More Accessible and Reliable: City Place DMV Will Change to 5 Days per Week Operation
DMV Mobile Service
Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service
Delivering government services to you ... enhancing customer convenience.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service visits three locations a day, five days a week—one on the County’s east side, one on the west—and now one in the City of Rochester.
We process routine DMV transactions.
Check out the convenience of our mobile service. View Mobile Service hours and locations or call our hotline at 585 753-1604.
Mobile Service Hotline
Call 585 753-1604 for up-to-date messages.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service brings DMV services to convenient locations near you!
Hours of Operation
- Mobile Service locations are open from 10:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. (permit testing until 2:30 p.m.).
Metro Mobile Location - City Place, 50 W. Main St.
- Effective Wednesday, March 15, 2017 Metro Mobile has changed to Monday - Friday operation at City Place. Metro Mobile no longer operates at the Parks Office.
Eastside Mobile Location
- Mondays: Webster Town Library, 980 Ridge Road
- Tuesdays: Penfield Town Hall, 3100 Atlantic Avenue
- Tuesday, May 23 - Penfield Mobile DMV will be closed for Penfield's annual tax assessment review day.
- Wednesdays: East Rochester Village Hall, Eyer Building, 317 Main Street
- Thursdays: Pittsford Town Hall, 11 South Main Street
- Fridays: Perinton Town Hall, 1350 Turk Hill Rd
- Friday, April 14 - Perinton Mobile DMV will not be operating as the Town Hall will be closed.
Westside Mobile Locations
- Mondays: Parma Town Hall, 1300 Hilton-Parma Corners Road
- Tuesdays: Chili Town Hall, 3333 Chili Avenue
- Wednesdays: Ogden Town Hall, 269 Ogden Center Road
- Thursdays: Clarkson Town Court, 3655 Lake Road
- Fridays: Gates Town Hall, 1605 Buffalo Road
- Friday, April 14 - Gates Mobile DMV will not be operating as the Town Hall will be closed.
Mobile Service Transactions
Driver licenses, permits and non-driver ID cards
- Apply for or renew operator and motorcycle licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- CDL renewals (except with HazMat or towing endorsements);
- Written tests for operator and motorcycle permits;
- Duplicates for all types of licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- Amendments to all types of licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- Enhanced Driver Licenses (Metro Mobile only);
- Conversions of out-of-state driver licenses to New York (Metro Mobile only).
- New plates for passenger and commercial vehicles, trailers and motorcycles;
- Duplicate plates for passenger and commercial vehicles, trailers and motorcycles;
- Amendments to registrations for all vehicle types;
- Plate transfers (from one vehicle to another) for all vehicle types;
- Plate surrenders.
The Monroe County Clerk's Office and Auto License Bureaus accept cash, checks made payable to “Monroe County Clerk,” and all major credit cards.