ALERT: Due to technical difficulties, the Westside Mobile Unit is currently unable to process photo transactions such as issuing new permits and licenses and renewals that require a new photo. Replacement equipment by Wed., Dec. 7.
ALERT: November closures
DMV Mobile Service
Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service
Delivering government services to you ... enhancing customer convenience.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service visits three locations a day, five days a week—one on the County’s east side, one on the west—and now one in the City of Rochester.
We process routine DMV transactions.
Check out the convenience of our mobile service. View Mobile Service hours and locations or call our hotline at 585 753-1604.
Mobile Service Hotline
Call 585 753-1604 for up-to-date messages.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service brings DMV services to convenient locations near you!
Hours of Operation
- Mobile Service locations are open from 10:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. (permit testing until 2:30 p.m.).
Metro Mobile Location
- Mondays: City Place, 50 W. Main Street
- Tuesdays: City Place, 50 W. Main Street
- Wednesdays: County Parks Office, 171 Reservoir Avenue
- Thursdays: County Parks Office, 171 Reservoir Avenue
- Fridays: City Place, 50 W. Main Street
Eastside Mobile Location
- Mondays: Webster Town Library, 980 Ridge Road
- Tuesdays: Penfield Town Hall, 3100 Atlantic Avenue
- Wednesdays: East Rochester Village Hall, Eyer Building, 317 Main Street
- Thursdays: Pittsford Town Hall, 11 South Main Street
- Fridays: Perinton Town Hall, 1350 Turk Hill Rd
Westside Mobile Locations
Westside Mobile Unit is currently unable to process photo transactions such as issuing new permits and licenses and renewals that require a new photo be taken. This capability is expected to be restored by Wed., Dec. 7.
- Mondays: Parma Town Hall, 1300 Hilton-Parma Corners Road
- Tuesdays: Chili Town Hall, 3333 Chili Avenue
- Wednesdays: Ogden Town Hall, 269 Ogden Center Road
- Thursdays: Clarkson Town Court, 3655 Lake Road
- Fridays: Gates Town Hall, 1605 Buffalo Road
* The lower level of Highland Park Office on Reservoir Avenue is not fully accessible to people with mobility impairments. The Auto License Bureau Offices located in Henrietta (Suburban Plaza), Greece (Mall at Greece Ridge) and Irondequoit (Titus Mall) are all fully accessible, offer the same services and are open the same hours as this mobile unit. All other mobile units are also fully accessible.
Mobile Service Transactions
Driver licenses, permits and non-driver ID cards
- Apply for or renew operator and motorcycle licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- CDL renewals (except with HazMat or towing endorsements);
- Written tests for operator and motorcycle permits;
- Duplicates for all types of licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- Amendments to all types of licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- Enhanced Driver Licenses (Metro Mobile only);
- Conversions of out-of-state driver licenses to New York (Metro Mobile only).
- New plates for passenger and commercial vehicles, trailers and motorcycles;
- Duplicate plates for passenger and commercial vehicles, trailers and motorcycles;
- Amendments to registrations for all vehicle types;
- Plate transfers (from one vehicle to another) for all vehicle types;
- Plate surrenders.
The Monroe County Clerk's Office and Auto License Bureaus accept cash, checks made payable to “Monroe County Clerk,” and all major credit cards.