DMV Mobile Service
Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service
Delivering government services to you ... enhancing customer convenience.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service visits three locations a day, five days a week—one on the County’s east side, one on the west—and now one in the City of Rochester.
We process routine DMV transactions.
Check out the convenience of our mobile service. View Mobile Service hours and locations or call our hotline at 585 753-1604.
Mobile Service Hotline
Call 585 753-1604 for up-to-date messages.
Mobile Service Transactions
Driver licenses, permits and non-driver ID cards
- Renewals for operator and motorcycle licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- CDL renewals (except with HazMat or towing endorsements);
- Written tests for operator and motorcycle permits, Passports are accepted as proof of date of birth at Metro Mobile only (until 2:30 p.m.);
- Duplicates for all types of licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- Amendments to all types of licenses, permits, and non-driver ID cards;
- Enhanced Driver Licenses (Metro Mobile only);
- Conversions of out-of-state driver licenses to New York (Metro Mobile only).
- New plates for passenger and commercial vehicles, trailers and motorcycles;
- Duplicate plates for passenger and commercial vehicles, trailers and motorcycles;
- Amendments to registrations for all vehicle types;
- Plate transfers (from one vehicle to another) for all vehicle types;
- Plate surrenders.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Mobile Service brings DMV services to convenient locations near you!
Hours of Operation
- Mobile Service locations are open from 10:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. (permit testing until 2:30 p.m.).
Metro Mobile Location
- Mondays: City Place, 50 W. Main St.
- Tuesdays: City Place, 50 W. Main St.
- Wednesdays: County Parks Office, 171 Reservoir Ave.
- Thursdays: County Parks Office, 171 Reservoir Ave.
- Fridays: City Place, 50 W. Main St.
Eastside Mobile Location
- Mondays: Webster Town Library, 980 Ridge Rd.
- Tuesdays: Penfield Town Hall, 3100 Atlantic Ave. *(Closed September 9 only)*
- Wednesdays: E. Rochester Village Office, 120 W. Commercial St. *(Closed August 20 and August 27 only)*
- Thursdays: Pittsford Town Hall, 11 South Main St.
- Fridays: Perinton Town Hall, 1350 Turk Hill Rd.
Westside Mobile Locations
- Mondays: Parma Town Hall, 1300 Hilton-Parma Corners Rd.
- Tuesdays: Chili Town Hall, 3333 Chili Ave. *(Closed September 9 only)*
- Wednesdays: Ogden Town Hall, 269 Ogden Center Rd.
- Thursdays: Clarkson Town Court, 3655 Lake Rd.
- Fridays: Gates Town Hall, 1605 Buffalo Rd.
* The lower level of Highland Park Office on Reservoir Avenue is not fully accessible to people with mobility impairments. The Auto License Bureau Offices located in Henrietta (Suburban Plaza), Greece (Mall at Greece Ridge) and Irondequoit (Titus Mall) are all fully accessible, offer the same services and are open the same hours as this mobile unit. All other mobile units are also fully accessible.
Forms of Payment
The Monroe County Clerk's Office and Auto License Bureaus accept cash, checks made payable to “Monroe County Clerk,” and all major credit cards.