Day Care Inspections (for NYS OCFS)
Migrant Labor Housing
Mobile Home Parks
585 753-5480 (Hotels/Motels only)
- Inspects and issues permits for children’s day and overnight camps, temporary residences, including hotels*, motels*, and campgrounds, mobile home parks, fairs and carnivals, migrant labor camps, and mass gatherings. (*Hotels and motels within the City of Rochester are exempt from the New York State Sanitary Code and are not regulated by the Monroe County Department of Public Health.)
- Inspects day care centers and nursery schools at the request of their licensing agencies.
- Enforces New York State Sanitary Code Chapter 1, Subpart 7-1, Temporary Residences and Mass Gatherings, Subpart 7-2, Children’s Camps, Subpart 7-3, Campgrounds, Part 15, Migrant Farm Worker Housing, and Part 17, Mobile Home Parks.
- NYS Dept of Health Children’s Camp Fact Sheets
- NYS Dept of Health Children’s Camp FAQ
- NYS Sanitary Code SubPart 7-2 Children’s Camps
- Children's Camp Safety Plan Template
Hotels, Motels, Mass Gatherings, and Campgrounds
- NYS Sanitary Code SubPart 7-1 Temporary Residences
- NYS Sanitary Code SubPart 7-4 Mass Gatherings
- NYS Sanitary Code SubPart 7-3 Campgrounds