Records and Archives
The Department of Environmental Services Records Room staff are responsible for the collection, maintenance, archiving and warehousing of over 50,000 documents, both on paper/mylar and in digital form.
The Records and Archives room maintains a complete collection of Record Drawings for nearly every construction job in the county, dating back to the 1870's. Most of these drawings are available for public viewing or purchase, and can also be copied and printed in a number of different formats. Many digital copies are also available and can be e-mailed or put on CD for a small fee.
- As-built drawings and sewer plans dating back to 1876
- Greater Rochester International Airport plans
- Sewage treatment plant plans
- Monroe Community Hospital plans
- Monroe Community College plans
- Hall Of Justice plans
- Right-of-Way mapping and survey information
- Department of Transportation highway and bridge plans
- Maps and plans of county parks and Seneca Park Zoo
- Topographic and Land Use Maps
- Hard-copies of aerial photography from the 1960s
In addition to the physical and digital construction plans which are maintained in the Records and Archives room, there are also a significant number of Aerial Photographs and GIS Maps which can be custom ordered for nearly any project. All of the images maintained by the GIS Department were provided by Pictometry International, a local Rochester Company which leads the industry in the aerial imagery market. These images allow the incorporation of actual photographic images, with information from GIS maps, creating "hybrid" maps which can be used for nearly any county project.
These hybrid maps consist of an image of the area of interest, overlayed with any significant information required. GIS data usually consists of street names, as well as various utility and/or parcel information.