Research potential careers and gain an understanding of opportunities and the future outlook of various career paths. Explore professional organizations and look into secondary career opportunities in related fields.
- Career Guide to Industries For dozens of different kinds of industries—such as educational services, health care, and motor vehicle and parts manufacturing —the Career Guide to Industries tells you about: occupations in the industry, training and advancement, earnings, expected job prospects and working conditions.
- Career Profile Search Learn about requirements, career tracks, the job outlook, and compensation in these careers.
- Exploring Careers The JobZone System harnesses the power of the Internet to provide information on 900 occupations from the O*NET Database and the latest labor market information from the NYS Department of Labor.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook For hundreds of different types of jobs—such as teacher, lawyer, and nurse—the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you: the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, working conditions.
- Occupational Outlook Quarterly OOQ Online is based on the print periodical Occupational Outlook Quarterly and mirrors its print counterpart. To make the best use of the medium, OOQ Online gives you the opportunity to read a "nutshell" description or a "snippet" from each OOQ article before you download the full text of the article.
- O*Net Online The O*NETTM Resource Center, the nation's primary source of occupational information. Here you will find news and information about the O*NET program. This site is your source for O*NET products, including O*NET data, career exploration tools, and reports.
- Professional Association Links This listing of the web sites of professional associations, arranged alphabetically by profession, offers additional information concerning the professions licensed in New York State.