Small Business Resources
We continue to focus our efforts on growing small and midsize businesses. This resource guide specifically targets small businesses and women-based businesses.
- Monroe County.gov Monroe County provides a variety of Small Business incentives and programs within the website. These programs have helped companies to grow locally and provides the necessary resources to help retain and train the local workforce.
- The Edward Lowe Foundation The foundation envisions a society that actively embraces and encourages entrepreneurship as the source and strategy for economic growth, community development and economically independent individuals. To champion the entrepreneurial spirit by providing information, research and educational experiences that support entrepreneurship and the free enterprise system, consistent with the intentions of our founders, Edward and Darlene Lowe.
- The National Association of Women Business Owners National Association of Women Business Owners propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of power worldwide.
- Small Business Administration The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
- Smart Business Supersite SmartBiz provides the most informative articles anywhere on the web on small business accounting software, business marketing tools and CRM, so that your small business can keep on growing and growing. From technology to accounting software to SaaS, SmartBiz's Small Business Tools articles can help you turbo charge your business productivity.
- Women's Business Center The Women's Business Center, established in 1995, supports entrepreneurial women as they begin and grow their businesses. The WBC grew out of a series of seminars held in the 1990s to help women start their own businesses.
- Savvy Biz Woman magazine strives to provide meaningful, up-to-the-minute information about women in business...to women in business. To educate, inspire and connect top women professionals and business owners to one another and to give them a more powerful voice.