Irondequoit Bay Park West
NEW PARK MAP COMING SOON
This beautiful Monroe County Park is located on the west shore of Irondequoit Bay and offers hiking and access to the bay for fishing. Completely undeveloped, Irondequoit Bay Park West’s 147 acres are located along approximately 2,000 feet of Irondequoit Bay water frontage. Irondequoit Bay Park West features a small undeveloped car-top boat launch.
Location and Directions
Irondequoit Bay Park West is located along the southwestern shoreline of Irondequoit Bay, north of Empire Boulevard and east of Seabreeze Expressway in the Town of Irondequoit.
- Cross-Country Skiing (non-groomed)
- Fishing- Fishing is allowed in Irondequoit Bay Park West as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
- Geo-caching (approximately 5 caches)
- Off-Road Cycling
- Proximity to Bay
Rules and Regulations
Durand-Eastman Park has a Carry-in Carry-out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park. All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Winter Park Hours
November 1st until March 31st, Monday through Thursday park services are available from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Friday through Sunday the park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Summer Park Hours
April 1st until October 31st, the park is open everyday from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update
Monroe County is developing plans to improve the Ellison Area Parks. The DRAFT Master Plan Update from the consultant was reviewed at the Parks Advisory Committee meeting on 2/26/09 and is now posted here for your review. Please direct any comments regarding the DRAFT Master Plan Update to this e-mail address or the Monroe County Department of Parks at 171 Reservoir Ave., Rochester, NY 14620. The Parks Advisory Committee will consider the plan at its next meeting, scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. at the Monroe County Parks Office at 171 Reservoir Avenue in Highland Park. In order to accommodate public comment to the fullest extent, while also providing the Parks Department, its Master Plan consultant and the Parks Advisory Committee with ample time to review the comments, the deadline for submission will be: Monday, March 16, 2009 at Noon. Comments received after the deadline will continue to be received and catalogued for inclusion in the final appendix of public comment, up until the conclusion of the master plan update process.
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Report
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Matrix
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Summary of Recommendations
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) All Appendices
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) All Figures
- Public Comments (letters)
- Public Comments (Community Groups/Municipal)