The Monroe County Parks Department is comprised of dedicated staff working with community partners in effectively and efficiently providing an array of park services. This ensures that everyone may enjoy recreational and educational opportunities while treasuring the natural, zoological, horticultural, historical and geological features of the Monroe County Parks System.
Parks Announcements & News
County Executive Maggie Brooks will host her Salute to Seniors on Friday, August 22nd, from 10am -2pm, at Ontario Beach Park.
Off-leash Dog Parks: July On-Site Registration Hours
- Ellison Park- Wednesday, July 9th from 4:30-6:30pm, and Sunday, July 27th from 1-3pm.
- We will be at the picnic table at the Dog Park (or in the Creekside Lodge, in the case of inclement weather).
- Greece Canal Park- Sunday, July 13th from 1-3pm, and Wednesday, July 23rd from 4:30 until 6:30pm
- We will be at the picnic table at the Dog Park (or in the Park Office in the case of inclement weather).
- *Please note: All new registrations will be good until the end of 2014.
- **Please note: You must bring documentation of the dog's license from your town of residence (not the metal tag) and of the dog's rabies vaccination from your veterinarian or clinic. We can photograph the originals if you do not have copies for us to keep.
Disc Golf baskets and tennis & pickleball nets are up for the season! Enjoy!
Our boat launch at Irondequoit Bay Marine Park opened for the season on Wednesday, April 30th.
Swimming will open for the season at Ontario Beach Park in Charlotte on Friday, June 27th and will run through Labor Day
The historic Dentzel Carousel at Ontario Beach Park is open for the season as of Friday, May 23rd.
FREE Movies in the Parks starts July 1st and continues on July 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th. Please click HERE for all the details
Winter Activities in the Monroe County Parks
*These activities are done at your own risk.
We all love our parks. Please help protect our parks and be responsible caretakers when enjoying the great outdoors.
Monroe County Emerald Ash Borer Task Force (MCEABTF) Information
The Monroe County Parks Department, in cooperation with the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation coordinates the MCEABTF. This is a volunteer organization of forestry professionals, scientists, natural resource managers, local officials, and private citizens. MCEABTF has organized to facilitate a science-based response to the economic, ecological, and public safety impacts within the forests and communities of Monroe County.