The Monroe County Parks Department is comprised of dedicated staff working with community partners in effectively and efficiently providing an array of park services. This ensures that everyone may enjoy recreational and educational opportunities while treasuring the natural, zoological, horticultural, historical and geological features of the Monroe County Parks System.
Parks Announcements & News
County Executive Maggie Brooks will host her Salute to Seniors on Friday, August 22nd, from 10am -2pm, at Ontario Beach Park.
Off-leash Dog Parks: August On-Site Registration Hours
- Ellison Park
- Sunday, August 10th, from 1-3pm, at the Dog Park (under the tent, in case of inclement weather).
- Sunday, August 17th, 9am-noon, as part of the K9 5K running race, in the tent near Creekside Lodge.
- Wednesday, August 20th, 4:30-6:30pm, at the Dog Park (or in the Creekside Lodge in case of inclement weather).
- Greece Canal Park
- Thursday, August 7th, from 4:30-6:30pm, in the Greece Canal Park Office.
- Sunday, August 24th, from 1-3pm, in the Greece Canal Park Office.
- *Please note: All new registrations will be good until the end of 2014.
- **Please note: You must bring documentation of the dog's license from your town of residence (not the metal tag) and of the dog's rabies vaccination from your veterinarian or clinic. We can photograph the originals if you do not have copies for us to keep.
The Town of Henrietta has opened a legal off-leash Dog Park, too! It is called Lookup Park, and it is located at 3150 East Henrietta Road. For more information, please visit www.henrietta.org Their registration process, rules, guidelines, etc. are the same as the Monroe County Parks' Dog Parks.
Swimming is open for the season at Ontario Beach Park in Charlotte, and will run through Labor Day.
The historic Dentzel Carousel at Ontario Beach Park is open for the season, and will run through Columbus Day. Click here for all the details.
FREE Movies in the Parks is done for the 2014 season, as of July 24th, 2014. Please check back for 2015's details.
Winter Activities in the Monroe County Parks
*These activities are done at your own risk.
We all love our parks. Please help protect our parks and be responsible caretakers when enjoying the great outdoors.
Monroe County Emerald Ash Borer Task Force (MCEABTF) Information
The Monroe County Parks Department, in cooperation with the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation coordinates the MCEABTF. This is a volunteer organization of forestry professionals, scientists, natural resource managers, local officials, and private citizens. MCEABTF has organized to facilitate a science-based response to the economic, ecological, and public safety impacts within the forests and communities of Monroe County.