The 8th annual Pick Up the Parks Event is TBD, 2017.
- Please click here for the 2016 Event Flyer
- Please click here for the 2016 Event Poster
- Please click here for the Volunteer Registration Form (VRF)
- One VRF for your group is sufficient
- Please click here for the Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF)
- EACH volunteer, or family of volunteers, should fill out a VWF.
- Please click here for the 2016 Day-of Details Document (DoDD)
- Please click here for the 2016 Cheat Sheet from Cascades Recovery for sorting items you pick up
- Please click here for the 2016 Site-Host Packet
Join our Site-Hosts at one of the 21 Meet-Up Sites listed below. (Max # of volunteers necessary is noted, so register early!). Parks with a line through them are FULL. Please select another park. We value your time too much to bring you out and have nothing for you to do!
1) Abraham Lincoln Park- in parking lot on Empire Boulevard, south of Rossman Drive, near Plank Road (max 25)
2) FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED Black Creek Park- at Pathfinder Shelter, in park, off Union Street (max 50)
3) Churchville Park- at Church Lodge, on Main Street, near Park Road (max 40)
4) Devil’s Cove Park- water-based “canoe crew” only, specific skills, equipment, and arrangements necessary (max 10)
5) Durand Eastman Park- at Sunset Shelter, on King’s Highway, near Lakeshore Boulevard (Max 50)
6) Ellison Park- at Hazelwood Grove Lodge, in park, off Blossom Road (max 60)
7) Genesee Valley Park- at Roundhouse Shelter, in park, off Elmwood Avenue, east of the Genesee River (max 75)
8) Greece Canal Park- at Towpath Shelter, in park, off Elmgrove Road (max 40)
9) Highland Park- at Olmsted Lodge, on Reservoir Avenue, near South Avenue (max 40)
10) Irondequoit Bay Park West- at parking lot near Irondequoit Bay Fish & Game Club, on Bayfront South Drive (max 25)
11) Irondequoit Bay Marine Park- next to bathroom, just west of seasonal bridge, near Seabreeze
12) Lehigh Valley Trail Park- at Rochester Junction trailhead, near intersection of Junction Road & Plains Road, and at Mendon Station trailhead, near intersection of Routes 64 and 251 (max 10 and max 15)
13) Lucien Morin Park- in lot next to MacGregor’s restaurant on Empire Boulevard (max 20)
14) FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED. Mendon Ponds Park- at Stewart Lodge, in park, on Douglas Road (max 60)
15) Northampton Park- at Ski Lodge, on Hubbell Road, off Route 31/Brockport Spencerport Road (max 30)
16) Oatka Creek Park- at Oatka Creek Lodge, in park, off Union Street (max 40)
17) Ontario Beach Park- at Portside Shelter, in park, off Lake and Beach Avenues (max 40)
18) FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED Powder Mills Park- at Rand Lodge, on Park Road, off Route 96 (max 50)
19) Seneca Park- at Wegman Lodge, in lower Seneca Park, at the north end of Trout Pond (max 75)
20) Tryon Park- at parking lot, off Tryon Park road, off Winton Road (max 25)
21) FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED Webster Park- at Parkview Lodge, on Holt Road, near Lake Road (max 50)
Fall 2016 International Coastal Cleanups
Join us this September for a series of local area Park & public land Cleanup Events
- This September, Monroe County, The City of Rochester, the Town of Greece, and the Water Education Collaborative are supporting local conservation or recreation groups in their efforts to beautify some of our most precious public spaces.
- Thanks to Brighton Central Schools, the Harley School, the Genesee Valley Audubon Society, Delta Environmental, Oatka Creek Watershed Committee, and Boy Scout Troop 365 for serving as Site Captains.
The International Coastal Cleanup/ Fall Watershed Cleanups are in the following areas this September:
PLEASE CONTACT THE SITE CAPTAIN DIRECTLY TO REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER AT YOUR CHOSEN SITE.
Click on Site Captain's name to email them.
- September 15th, 2016 @ 3pm
- Buckland Creek: Site Captain George Smith at 242-5050. Meet at Brighton High School, near TBD.
- September 17th, 2016 @ 9am
- Buck Pond: Site Captain Scott Copey at 723-2356. Meet at Buck Pond Fishing Access, which is on Edgemere Dr..
- Payne Beach: Site Captain June Summers at 865-6047. Meet at dead end of Lakeshore Dr., off Payne Beach Rd., off Lake Ontario Pkwy.
- Durand Eastman Park BEACH: Site Captain Kimie Romeo at TBD. Meet on the beach closest to Parking Lot TBD.
- Goodwin Park: Site Captain Paul Sawyko at 753-5441. Meet in park, which is at corner of Long Pond Road and Edgemere Drive.
- *Oatka Creek Park: Site Captain Maureen Leupold at 297-5080. Meet in upper parking lot, just inside park entrance. The Park is on Union Street in Wheatland.
- *Ontario Beach Park: Site Captain Peter Hentschke at 764-7289. Meet at Portside Shelter, near the Carousel, inside the park.
- September 24th, 2016 @ 10am
- Seth Green Fishing Access: Site Captain Dave Nadeau at 353-5844. Meet at TBD on Seth Green Drive.
- October 8th, 2016, 11am til 1pm
- *Northampton Park: Site Captain Kaeti Stoss at 305-2226. Meet at sledding hill parking lot on east side of Hubbell Road, across from Ski Lodge.
* Indicates which sites are Monroe County Parks