2015 Fall Watershed Cleanups
Fall Watershed Cleanup Days are HERE! Please join local volunteer groups when they clean up our favorite outdoor areas. Sites with ** are official International Coastal Cleanup Sites.
Monroe County Park Sites
Ellison Park: Saturday, September 12th, 9am, at the Playground, on the north side of Blossom Road. Contact George Payne at email@example.com to register for this site, and for further details.
Lehigh Valley Trail: TBD
**Oatka Creek Park: Saturday, September 12th, 9am, in the upper parking lot, just inside the park. Contact Maureen Leupold at firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter Lent at email@example.com to register for this site, and for further details.
**Ontario Beach Park: Saturday, September 19th, 9am, in front of the Carousel. Contact Peter Hentschke at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this site, and for further details.
CANCELED. Powder Mills Park: Saturday, September 19th
Non-Monroe County Park Sites
**Braddock Bay Saturday, September 19th, 9am, at 105 East Manitou Road. Contact June Summers at email@example.com to register for this site, and for further details.
**Buckland Creek Thursday, September 17th, 2:45pm, at Brighton High School. Contact George Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this site, and for further details.
- **Durand Eastman BEACH: Saturday, September 19th, 9am, on the beach. Contact TBD to register for this site, and for further details.
- **Greece Ponds: Saturday, September 19th, 8:30am, at Goodwin Park, at the corner of Long Pond Rd. and Edgemere Dr. Contact Paul Sawyko at email@example.com to register for this site, and for further details.
- **Maplewood Park: Thursday, September 17th or Tuesday the 22nd at 4pm, at TBD. Contact Dave Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this site, and for further details.
- **Payne Beach: Saturday, September 19th, 8:30am, at east end of Lakeshore Dr, just north of Lake Ontario State Parkway. Contact Scott Copey at email@example.com to register for this site, and for further details.
The 7th annual Pick Up the Parks Event
is scheduled for Saturday, April 23rd, 2015
9am-noon (Cleanup in all Monroe County-managed Parks)
noon-2pm (Thank You Picnic in Olmsted Lodge at Highland Park
Official Press Release can be found here.
Click HERE for the 2015 PUTP Poster
Click HERE for the 2015 PUTP Publicity Flyer
Click HERE for the 2015 Day-of Details Document (DoDD)
Click HERE for the 2015 Volunteer Registration Form (VRF)
Click HERE for the 2015 Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF)
Click HERE for the Pick Up the Parks Facebook Page
Click HERE for the 2015 Volunteer To-do List (for what to do when you arrive at your park)
Click HERE for the 2015 Cheat Sheet (to help sort items you collect)
Join Cascades Recovery and the Monroe County Department of Parks, along with many local recreation and environmental groups for “Pick Up the Parks.” This event is designed to foster stewardship of our *21 parks and 12,000 acres within. We are all stewards of the great outdoors, so we encourage you to do your part to keep our parks, our waterways, and watersheds clean and green.
- This great parks stewardship event will again cover *all Monroe County Parks in 2015 with Meet-Up Sites only at Abraham Lincoln, Black Creek, Churchville, Durand Eastman, Ellison, Genesee Valley, Greece Canal, Highland, Mendon Ponds, Northampton, Oatka Creek, Ontario Beach, Powder Mills, Seneca, & Webster Parks.
- * Please note that there are only 15 Meet-Up locations to obtain supplies, refreshments, orientation, etc. but all 21 County Parks will be cleaned up.
- If you are interested in cleaning up
- Lucien Morin or Irondequoit Bay Park West, please meet your Site Host at Abraham Lincoln Park.
- Lehigh Valley Trail/Rochester Junction, please meet your Site Host at Mendon Ponds Park.
- Irondequoit Bay Marine Park, please meet your Site Host at Durand Eastman Park.
- Tryon Park, please meet your Site Host at Ellison Park.
- Devil's Cove Park, please meet your Site Host at Webster Park.
- To register yourself, your family, group of friends, club, organization, business, scout troop, or class, e-mail the Volunteer Registration Form (VRF) today to Ryan Loysen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off, mail it, fax it to 585-753-7284, or call 585-753-7281! Be sure to include your group size, preferred park, e-mail address, and phone number. Walk-ins on April 25th are welcome, BUT we strongly recommend that you register; each park has a maximum number of volunteers needed.
- Each volunteer will be required to submit a Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF) in order to participate, or sign one on-site.
- Site-Host organizations will meet & greet, direct & orient the volunteers that participate.
- All supplies are provided by the Parks Department and its partners. You'll even get a free lunch for your service.
- Be sure to join us for the "Thank You Picnic" at the Olmsted Lodge in Highland Park only, starting at noon.
- We hope to see you on April 25th, 2015 at 9am!
THANKS TO OUR SITE-HOST ORGANIZATIONS AND EVENT PARTNERS
Larry the H2O Hero and the Water Education Collaborative
Adirondack Mountain Club- Genesee Valley Chapter
Barton & Loguidice, DPC
Bay Creek Paddling
Boy Scout Troop 356
Delta Laboratories, Inc.
Environmental Resources Management
Gandhi Earth Keepers International
Genesee Regional Off-road Cyclists
Genesee Valley Chapter Adirondack Mountain Club
Geo-Cachers of the Rochester Area
Girl Scout Troops 60275 & 60978
Highland Park Conservancy
Irondequoit Bay Fish & Game Club
Irondequoit Conservation Board
Kickball League of Rochester
Larry the H2O Hero and the Water Education Collaborative
Medved Running & Walking Outfitters
Monroe County Department of Parks
Oatka Creek Watershed Committee
Riga Recreation Department
Sierra Club- Rochester Regional Group
YMCA Camp Arrowhead
Monroe County Watershed Cleanups/ International Coastal Cleanups
- In September 2015, numerous local organizations will help cleanup local beaches, coastlines, and watersheds. They can use your help!
- Typically, five Monroe County Parks benefit from this cleanup.
- Please check back in Summer 2015 for a list of local cleanup sites, including how to sign up, and where to meet up.