Monroe County Watershed Cleanups/ International Coastal Cleanups
- Next Saturday, September 20th numerous local organizations will help cleanup local beaches, coastlines, and watersheds. They can use your help!
- Five Monroe County Parks will benefit from this cleanup.
- Click here for a list of local cleanup sites, including how to sign up, and where to meet up.
The 6th annual Pick Up the Parks Event
is scheduled for Saturday, April 25th, 2015
noon-2pm (Thank You Picnic in Olmsted Lodge at Highland Park)
Click HERE for the Volunteer To-do List (for when you arrive at your park)
Click HERE for the Cheat Sheet (to help sort items collected)
Check back in winter for the 2015 Publicity Flyer
Check back in winter for the 2015 Day-of Details Document (DoDD)
Click HERE for the Volunteer Registration Form (VRF)
Click HERE for the Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF)
Click HERE for the Pick Up the Parks Facebook Page
Join Cascades Recovery and the Monroe County Department of Parks, along with many local recreation and environmental groups for “Pick Up the Parks.” This event is designed to foster stewardship of our 21 parks and 12,000 acres within. We are all stewards of the great outdoors, so we encourage you to do your part to keep our parks, our waterways, and watersheds clean and green.
This great parks stewardship event will expand to cover all Monroe County Parks in 2014 including Abraham Lincoln, Black Creek, Churchville, Devil’s Cove, Durand Eastman, Ellison, Genesee Valley, Greece Canal, Highland, Irondequoit Bay Marine, Irondequoit Bay West, Lehigh Valley Trail, Lucien Morin, Mendon Ponds, Northampton, Oatka Creek, Ontario Beach, Powder Mills, Seneca, Tryon, & Webster Parks.
- To register yourself, your family, group of friends, club, organization, business, scout troop, or class, e-mail the Volunteer Registration Form (VRF) today to Ryan Loysen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off, mail it, fax it to 585-753-7284, or call 585-753-7281! Be sure to include your group size, preferred park, e-mail address, and phone number. Walk-ins on April 26th are welcome, BUT we strongly recommend that you register; each park has a maximum number of volunteers needed.
- Each volunteer will be required to submit a Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF) in order to participate, or sign one on-site.
- Site-Host organizations will meet & greet, direct & orient the volunteers that participate.
- All supplies are provided by the Parks Department and its partners. You'll even get a free lunch for your service.
- Be sure to join us for the "Thank You Picnic" at the Olmsted Lodge in Highland Park, starting at noon.
- We hope to see you on April 26th, 2014 at 9am!
THANKS TO OUR SITE-HOST ORGANIZATIONS AND EVENT PARTNERS
Barton & Loguidice, DPC
Bay Creek Paddling
Black Creek Watershed Coalition
Boy Scout Troop 356
Brockport Teachers Association
Center for Environmental Initiatives
Churchville Lions Club
Cornell Cooperative Extension
Delta Laboratories, Inc.
Eastern Mountain Sports
Environmental Resources Management
Fleet Feet Sports & YellowJacket Racing
Full Moon Vista Bike & Sport
Genesee Regional Off-road Cyclists
Genesee Valley Audubon Society
Genesee Valley Chapter Adirondack Mountain Club
Geo-Cachers of the Rochester Area
Girl Scout Troop 60132
Girl Scout Troops of Pittsford
Highland Park Conservancy
Highland Park Neighbors
I.A. Datthyn Family Farm
Irondequoit Bay Fish & Game Club
Irondequoit Conservation Board
Kickball League of Rochester
Monroe County Department of Environmental Services
Monroe County Health Department
Monroe County Soil & Water Conservation District
Monroe County Sports Commission
Oatka Creek Watershed Committee
The Penfield Green Initiative & Greenovation
Riga Recreation Department
Rochester Young Professionals
Seneca Park Zoo Society
Sunnking Electronics Recycling
YMCA Camp Arrowhead