The 6th annual Pick Up the Parks Event
is scheduled for Saturday, April 25th, 2015
9am-noon (Cleanup in all Monroe County-managed Parks)
noon-2pm (Thank You Picnic in Olmsted Lodge at Highland Park)
Click HERE for the 2015 PUTP Poster
Click HERE for the 2015 PUTP Publicity Flyer
Check back in February 2015 for the 2015 Day-of Details Document (DoDD)
Click HERE for the 2015 Volunteer Registration Form (VRF)
Click HERE for the 2015 Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF)
Click HERE for the Pick Up the Parks Facebook Page
Check back in March 2015 for the Volunteer To-do List (for when you arrive at your park)
Click HERE for the Cheat Sheet (to help sort items collected)
Join Cascades Recovery and the Monroe County Department of Parks, along with many local recreation and environmental groups for “Pick Up the Parks.” This event is designed to foster stewardship of our *21 parks and 12,000 acres within. We are all stewards of the great outdoors, so we encourage you to do your part to keep our parks, our waterways, and watersheds clean and green.
- This great parks stewardship event will again cover *all Monroe County Parks in 2015 with Meet-Up Sites only at Abraham Lincoln, Black Creek, Churchville, Durand Eastman, Ellison, Genesee Valley, Greece Canal, Highland, Mendon Ponds, Northampton, Oatka Creek, Ontario Beach, Powder Mills, Seneca, & Webster Parks.
- * Please note that there are only 15 Meet-Up locations to obtain supplies, refreshments, orientation, etc. but all 21 County Parks will be cleaned up.
- If you are interested in cleaning up
- Lucien Morin or Irondequoit Bay Park West, please meet your Site Host at Abraham Lincoln Park.
- Lehigh Valley Trail, please meet your Site Host at Mendon Ponds Park.
- Irondequoit Bay Marine Park, please meet your Site Host at Durand Eastman Park.
- Tryon Park, please meet your Site Host at Ellison Park.
- Devil's Cove Park, please meet your Site Host at Webster Park.
- To register yourself, your family, group of friends, club, organization, business, scout troop, or class, e-mail the Volunteer Registration Form (VRF) today to Ryan Loysen at email@example.com, or drop off, mail it, fax it to 585-753-7284, or call 585-753-7281! Be sure to include your group size, preferred park, e-mail address, and phone number. Walk-ins on April 25th are welcome, BUT we strongly recommend that you register; each park has a maximum number of volunteers needed.
- Each volunteer will be required to submit a Volunteer Waiver Form (VWF) in order to participate, or sign one on-site.
- Site-Host organizations will meet & greet, direct & orient the volunteers that participate.
- All supplies are provided by the Parks Department and its partners. You'll even get a free lunch for your service.
- Be sure to join us for the "Thank You Picnic" at the Olmsted Lodge in Highland Park only, starting at noon.
- We hope to see you on April 25th, 2015 at 9am!
THANKS TO OUR SITE-HOST ORGANIZATIONS AND EVENT PARTNERS
Larry the H2O Hero and the Water Education Collaborative
Adirondack Mountain Club- Genesee Valley Chapter
Barton & Loguidice, DPC
Bay Creek Paddling
Delta Laboratories, Inc.
Environmental Resources Management
Gandhi Earth Keepers International
Genesee Regional Off-road Cyclists
Genesee Valley Chapter Adirondack Mountain Club
Geo-Cachers of the Rochester Area
Girl Scout Troop 60275
Highland Park Conservancy
Irondequoit Bay Fish & Game Club
Irondequoit Conservation Board
Monroe County Department of Environmental Services
Oatka Creek Watershed Committee
The Penfield Green Initiative & Greenovation
Riga Recreation Department
Sierra Club- Rochester Regional Group
YMCA Camp Arrowhead
Monroe County Watershed Cleanups/ International Coastal Cleanups
- In September 2015, numerous local organizations will help cleanup local beaches, coastlines, and watersheds. They can use your help!
- Typically, five Monroe County Parks benefit from this cleanup.
- Please check back in Summer 2015 for a list of local cleanup sites, including how to sign up, and where to meet up.