Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another within Monroe County or soon to become a new resident of Monroe County, there are many details to be taken care of. To start: water, garbage service, recycling, gas and electric, telephone, Internet and newspapers. Start here to find out more about what you need to complete your move.
Business and Professional Organizations
- Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
Information on area real estate agents, open houses and housing prices.
Phone: 585 292-5000
- Rochester Home Builders' Association
For more than 70 years, the Rochester Home Builders' Association (RHBA) has continued to strive toward improving the quality and professionalism of the local residential construction industry.
Phone: 585 272-8222
- Greater Rochester Visitors Association
Provides maps, tour guides, hotel information and details on recreation, entertainment and cultural events.
Phone: 585 546-6810
- Rochester Business Alliance
Advocate for business and economic development.
Phone: 585 244-1800
- Better Business Bureau
Phone: 585 546-6776
- NYS Department of Motor Vehicles
Monroe County Auto License Bureau 24-hour Hot Line: 585 753-1603
- Monroe County Auto Bureau - County Clerk Website
- Ambulance/Fire/Police Emergencies
Text Telephone Customers (TTY): 9-1-1
- Electric Interruption/Emergency
- Natural Gas Odor/Emergency
TTY (toll-free): 1-800-962-3293
- Oil Spills
Phone: 1-800-424-8802 (voice or TTY)
Gas and Electric/Utilities
- Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation
Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Speech Impaired/Relay Service
- New York Relay Service (emergency and non-emergency)
- Hearing Persons
To communicate with hard of hearing, deaf, speech-impaired who uses a TTY call, toll-free, 24-hours: 1-800-421-1220 or 7-1-1.
- TTY Users
If you are hard of hearing, deaf or speech-impaired – type your message on a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) by calling, toll-free, 24-hours 1-800-662-1220.
- Highland Hospital
Phone: 585 473-2200
- Lakeside Memorial Hospital
Phone: 585 395-6095
- Park Ridge Hospital
Phone: 585 723-7000
- Rochester General Hospital
Phone: 585 922-4000
- Strong Memorial Hospital
Phone: 585 275-2100
- Monroe County Library System and Rochester Public Library
Phone: 585 428-7300
- Democrat And Chronicle
Serves Rochester and Monroe County
Subscriptions: 585 232-5550
- Messenger Post Papers
Serves Towns and Villages in and around Monroe County
- Frontier Corporation
Residential: 585 777-4663
Business: 585 777-9675
- Time Warner Cable
Phone: 585 756-5000
Post Office/Change of Address
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
Visit your local Post Office or use their online Change of Address form.
- Monroe County
Phone: 585 527-8110
- Time-Warner Cable
Phone: 585 756-5000
- Monroe County Water Authority
Phone: 585 442-2000