How To Be Prepared
Personal Preparations in case of emergency start at home with a careful evaluation of your living environment and supplies in case of emergency. Look around your home and evaluate:
- Could I survive the next ice storm?
- Do I have extra batteries or flashlights?
- Do I need a generator?
- What is my evacuation plan, where will meet?
- How can I educate my children?
How Can I Get Involved?
Become involved in your community and learn more about helping your neighbors be more prepared. There are many levels of involvement, both formal and informal, that are available for citizens of this community.
- What can I do to help my elderly neighbor?
- Should I give blood regularily?
- Become a volunteer with the local Fire Department.