Bridge Engineering and Operations
The Monroe County DOT Bridge Engineering and Operations division is comprised of four sections:
- Capital bridge programming, engineering and construction
- Bridge maintenance, programming, engineering and construction
- Colonel Patrick O’Rorke Bridge and Irondequoit Bay Outlet Bridge operation
- Bridge/culvert inspections
The Capital Bridge Engineering section is responsible for the programming, administration, design and construction supervision of the capital bridge and culvert improvement programs.
The Bridge Maintenance section oversees the inspections of our bridges/culverts, identifies the needs and completes the annual preventative maintenance program, manages the guiderail inspection/design, installation and repair and herbicide contracts.
The Bridge Engineering and Operations section is responsible for the planning, engineering, inspection and maintenance of over 175 bridges and nearly 275 major culverts, including the operation and maintenance of the Colonel Patrick O’Rorke Memorial Bridge and the Irondequoit Bay Outlet Bridge.
Helpful documents & maps:
- Monroe County Bridge Inventory
- Maintenance Jurisdiction table
- Height Clearance and Restricted Bridge Posting
- Map of Bridges & Culverts
- Map of Guiderail and Herbicide
Bridge operation videos:
- Video of IBOB swing operation - 1 min. timelapse (November 2011)
- Video of O'Rorke lift operation - 1:35 timelapse (April 2012)