What is FACT?
Family Access and Connection Team (FACT) is a strength- based assessment and referral program designed to support families experiencing difficulties with their children under the age of 18 exhibiting a pattern of the following behaviors:
- Behaving in a way that is dangerous or out of control: violence in the home/destruction of property, verbally and/or physically aggressive, including injury to others or pets/animals, self-harming behavior
- Stealing, theft from family/residence
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Leaving home without permission, curfew violations
- Truancy- missing full days/illegal absences
- PARENTS or GUARDIANS can call the Family Access and Connection Team at 753-2639.
FAR (Family Assessment Response):
It is an alternative response for some families reported for suspected maltreatment of their children. Rather than focusing on details of an incident, or determining whether or not abuse or maltreatment occurred, the focus will be on the safety of your children and providing services to meet the needs of your family. There will be NO determination.
When Monroe County receives reports alleging child maltreatment, a decision is made to initiate a Child Protective Services Investigation or to engage the family in a Child Protective Services Family Assessment Response.