Links and Resources
- The White House Agenda on Veterans Affairs
- The U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs
Information about the legislative and oversight committee on veterans’ affairs.
- The House Committee on Veterans Affairs
Information and links concerning current topics and policies from the House of Representatives Committee on veterans' affairs.
- New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs
- A resource dedicated to New York State Veterans’ benefits
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- This is the VA’s main federal website with information about benefits, healthcare, burials, etc.
- GI Bill Website:
- Request a Copy of Veteran's Military Records Electronically
- Canandaigua VA Medical Center:
The Canandaigua VA Medical Center is located at 400 Fort Hill Avenue, Canandaigua, NY 14424. Their phone number is 585-394-2000 -or- toll free: 1-800-204-9917
- Rochester DAV Transportation Network:
The DAV Transportation Network provides transportation for veterans in need of health care. Contact Jeffrey Matthews at (585) 464-2661.
- Veterans Outreach Center, Inc:
The VOC is located at 459 South Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620. Their phone number is 585-546-1081 -or- toll free: 866-906-VETS (8387).
- Western NY Heroes
- National Resource Directory
- VA's Website for Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF)
This site provides information on benefits and services available to returning service members of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF).
- Best of the Web - Military Veterans
This is a helpful resource for vets seeking support and information on the Internet.
- Mesothelioma Center for Veterans Exposed to Asbestos
- Veterans and Mesothelioma
The goal at Mesothelioma Guide is to increase awareness, education and support for patients with mesothelioma and their families.
- The Pleural Mesothelioma Center
Helping Pleural Mesothelioma patients and their families find hope. We provide free information, resources and support to help you understand, fight and overcome mesothelioma.
- The National Gulf War Resource Center (NGWRC) helps veterans affected by the 'invisible' injuries most common in the current conflict period, from 1989 to the present day, including Gulf War Illness (GWI), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Tax Guide for Veterans and Servicemembers
This is a site that strives to help individuals better understand their taxes and options through free guides and tools.
- The Ultimate Tax Guide for Veterans
This guide has tips, tax benefits, detailed overview of federal tax exclusions, taxable benefits and the best way to apply for benefits. This resource is completely free for you to provide and use.
- Dogs on Deployment
This is a non profit organization founded by a military couple. Their purpose is to assist Active Duty military, Veterans and Wounded Warriors in finding temporary foster homes for their pets while deployed, in the hospital or during a move due to a permanent change of duty station.
- Financial Topics
This website has everything you as an active military member or vet need to know based on their financial literacy guides.
- Warrior Salute
A service of CDS Monarch, Warrior Salute™ helps Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, a Traumatic Brain Injury, and Military Sexual Trauma, regain their lives by providing quality clinical and rehabilitative therapies, employment opportunities, and temporary housing.
- The Simple Dollar
A place where anyone can come to acquire financial information on finding the best products and services, saving money, making smart investments, and controlling personal finances.
- WXXI Veterans Connections
WXXI and the Little Theatre recently convened a group of Board members and community leaders to form a Veterans Affairs Task Force. The mission of the Veterans Affairs Task Force is to identify the most pressing needs and issues facing veterans and their families in Greater Rochester and the surrounding area and to make recommendations about ways that WXXI/Little programming and outreach can help address those needs.
- Home Remodeling for Disability and Special Needs: What You Need to Know
This guide will identify legal and financial resources available to citizens, seniors, and veterans, offer tips to hire the right home remodeler, and suggest modifications throughout the home to make the space as accommodating as possible.