10 Avion Drive
Rochester, New York, 14624
Click for Door-to-Door Directions
Enhanced Services and New Hours of Operation:
- Wednesdays (1 to 6:30 p.m.)
- Saturdays (7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Closed on holidays
- The facility is no longer open on Thursdays, Fridays or Wednesday mornings.
The ecopark is an innovative partnership between Monroe County and Waste Management of NY that provides Monroe County residents with a “one-stop drop-off” to dispose of or recycle certain items. The ecopark is a residential drop-off facility (no businesses, not-for-profits, home offices, etc.* - see below) and, except for household hazardous waste (HHW) materials, residents are responsible for unloading their own vehicle.
The ecopark, open since 2011, has reduced its operating hours to two days per week (Wednesdays, 1 to 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.), but enhanced ecopark services to now accept HHW (appointment required), pharmaceuticals and fee-based items during all operating hours. This gives Monroe County residents the opportunity to properly manage these materials twice-per-week instead of just two times each month! While the drive-through facility accepts most residential materials free-of-charge, some do require a fee.
- Free Items: curbside recyclables, non-cathode ray tube (CRT) electronic waste, scrap metal, clothing (for donation), bulky plastics, document destruction, unwanted medications, fluorescent lights, sharps/syringes, propane tanks (one and 20 lbs.), empty Rx bottles, flags (U.S.), clean and dry plastic bags and product wrap, rechargeable batteries (no alkaline), clean Styrofoam (#6) packing and compost give-back. HHW (residential chemicals, paints, etc.) material is also accepted free-of-charge from Monroe County households only. An appointment is always required (only for HHW items) to ensure reduced customer wait time and increased worker safety - click here for a listing of acceptable HHW items. To make an on-line appointment, click here, or call 753-7600 (Option #3) M-F, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., except holidays.
- Items that Require a Fee: refrigerant-containing appliances (dehumidifiers, air conditioners, refrigerators/freezers) - $15 each; passenger vehicle tires (rims OK) - $3 each; CRT picture tube TVs/monitors - $10 each. Fees are payable only via credit/debit card and are collected by Waste Management and/or its electronic waste contractor.
Several local police agencies also assist the program by collecting unwanted medications during their business hours (M-F, except holidays) - click here for a full listing of locations and hours.
Residents have many close-to-home and convenient opportunities to responsibly manage items accepted and not accepted at the ecopark. The ecopark "Locator" (right side of page) was created as a searching tool to help residents find local opportunities to recycle or dispose of things properly. After choosing an item in the ecopark Locator, you will be given disposal and/or recycling options. Whether you choose to use the ecopark itself or any of the listed convenient vendors, you will be helping the environment by keeping these materials from our community's waters and landfills.
*The facility does not accept material from businesses, not-for-profits, governments, churches, home-offices, institutions, etc. These entities should contact their waste hauler for recycling/disposal options. Certain qualified small businesses may manage their chemical wastes through the county's Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator Program--click here for details.
Disclaimer: Monroe County has attempted to provide accurate information on this website. The individual companies listed on this website have supplied Monroe County with the contact and services information provided on this website. If any of this information has changed and needs to be updated, please send Monroe County an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the issue. The individual companies listed on this website are independent of Monroe County. Monroe County has no control or recourse regarding the actions of these individual companies. Monroe County does not recommend nor endorse any individual company's products or services listed on this website.