Private Water Supply
To minimize potential health hazards from contamination of private water supplies.
- Provide guidance to public inquiries regarding private water supply.
- Perform investigations of complaints.
- Collect bacteriological samples and issue results reports.
- Conduct property site inspections.
- Consult and recommend system improvements to homeowners.
Download the Appendix 5-B Standard for Water Wells (175k PDF)
- EPA—Private Drinking Water Wells
- Cornell Cooperative Extension—Water Quality Fact Sheets
- NYS Dept of Health Coliform Bacteria in Drinking Water Supplies Fact Sheet
- NYS Dept of Health Lead in Drinking Water Fact Sheet
- The Groundwater Foundation
- Wellowner.org (National Ground Water Association)
- Empire State Water Well Drillers Association