Inspectors provide essential assistance to the public as needed during the voting process. Inspectors are assigned to polling sites in bi-partisan teams and must attend training and pass a test every year.
If you are interested in working as an inspector contact:
- Republicans contact John Fernandes at 585 753-1523 or Ashley Barker at 585 753-1534.
- Democrats, for city inspectors contact Linda Cummings by e-mail or call 585 753-1555.
- Democrats, for town inspectors contact Abigail Freeman by e-mail or call 585 753-1539.
Resources for Election Inspectors
- 2013 Calendar of Inspector Training Classes
- 2013 Inspector Training Classes with ASL interpretation
- 2013 Inspector Training Manual
- 2013 Inspector Coordinator Handbook
- 2013 Inspector Site Chair Handbook
During the day, there will be slower intervals, usually in mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Inspectors should take meal breaks during these times. All inspectors should be present at the election district from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. While each team of inspectors may set different times, the Board recommends that inspectors’ meal times not take over one hour. The Chairperson should enforce the same amount of time for each inspector.
Inspectors are paid for their election day service by the county in which they serve, in an amount fixed by the county legislative body. In Monroe County, the County Legislature sets the pay. Inspectors must be paid for attending required training schools.
The Board of Elections does NOT directly pay inspectors. The Board can confirm if any inspector worked, but questions about pay should be directed to the City or Town Clerks. Checks generally are sent within 4–6 weeks after the election. Their phone numbers are:
- Rochester: 428-6193
- Brighton: 784-5250
- Chili: 889-3550
- Clarkson: 637-1130
- East Rochester: 586-3553
- Gates: 247-6100
- Greece: 225-2000
- Hamlin: 964-2421
- Henrietta: 334-7700
- Irondequoit: 467-8840
- Mendon: 624-6060
- Ogden: 617-6100
- Parma: 392-9461
- Penfield: 340-8600
- Perinton: 223-0770
- Pittsford: 248-6200
- Riga: 293-3880
- Rush: 533-1312
- Sweden: 637-2144
- Webster: 872-1000
- Wheatland: 889-1553