Monroe County Department of Human Services is committed to building a strong workforce in our community through the following activities:
- High quality employment programming which begins with thorough Employability Assessment
- Work Experience
- Vocational Education, Job Skills, and Educational Training
- Job Readiness Training
- Job Development and Job Placement Services
- Employer Incentives / Subsidized employment
- Supportive services / Childcare / Transportation / Tools / Licensing Fees and more...
- Post Employment supports / Transitional Benefits / Job Coaching
The Department of Human Services (DHS) received funding from New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) to operate three exciting new subsidized employment initiatives to help ease the burden for employers hiring new employees. The initiatives provide funding to reimburse 100% of the wages for qualified new employees in the following areas:
Transitional Employment Assistance Program (TEAP)
TEAP is an “On-the-Job Training” program designed to offset the cost of hiring and training a new employee. Qualified employers may be reimbursed up to 50% of the new hire’s wages for up three months from the date of hire. Industries eligible to participate include, but are not limited to:
- Child care
- Customer Service
- Health care
- Social and human services
- Retail and hospitality
- Clerical administrative assistance
- Construction/outdoor maintenance
The Transitional Jobs Grant is a program to assist employers in hiring candidates that are well trained and a good fit with the company. The key component to this program is the employee must complete 105 hours of paid training during the course of the three month contract. Upon completion of all requirements and a full three months of employment, employers will receieve 100% wage reimbursement for each client.
Both the Employer and Employee will receive follow up support services to make these successful placements. Please click on the link below for more information on these programs.
Your company may be Eligible to receive Federal or State Tax Incentives such as WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit) or W2W (Welfare-to-Work) for hiring eligible individuals. Our programs can help you access these excellent employer benefits.