MONROE COUNTY DOG PARKS
Monroe County Department of Parks hosts Off-Leash Dog Areas (Dog Parks) at both Ellison and Greece Canal Parks, as well as a reciprocal agreement for use at Henrietta Dog Park in the Town of Henrietta and Sweden Town Park in the Town of Sweden.
Monroe County Dog Park Announcements:
- January 16th UPDATE: Thanks to our conscientious members (for renewing) and our hardworking MC Parks Staff (for processing)... the 2017 Monroe County Dog Park Membership Package was mailed out to each of our 1,028 Renewals... along with 99 New Members... on Friday, January 13th, 2017! It includes your 2017 Permit, Tag, Code and Swipe Card. It also includes a cover letter which details important policies and procedures. (Note: The letter you receive in the mail will have the 2017 Code). Thank you for your continued support of the Monroe County Dog Parks!
DOG PARK INFORMATION
- HOURS: 7am to Dusk
- Each dog visiting must be a registered member of the Monroe County Dog Parks.
- Entrance will only be allowed to those in possession of a valid Monroe County Dog Parks swipe card, tag for each dog, and paper copy of their permit/s. Dogs must be wearing the up-to-date Monroe County Dog Parks tag.
Where/When can I register my dog(s)?
CLICK HERE for printable version of the February 2017 registration schedule that is below.
· Thursday, February 2nd, from 4-6pm: At Pet$aver Healthy Pet Superstore at 1596 Ridge Road West, Stoneridge Plaza, Rochester, NY, 14615.
· Thursday, February 9th, from 6-8pm: At Pet$aver Healthy Pet Superstore at 2947 Monroe Avenue, Monroe Clover Plaza, Rochester, NY, 14618.
· Wednesday, February 15th, from 5-7pm: At Sweden Clarkson Recreation Center, 4927 Lake Road South, Brockport, NY, 14420.
· Sunday, February 19th, from 9-11am: At Ellison Park, in Hazelwood Lodge, off Blossom Road.
· Sunday, February 19th, from 1-3pm: At Greece Canal Park (off Elmgrove Road) in the Park Office, which is just inside the park, on the left.
· Monday through Friday, from 8:30am-4:30pm: At Parks Administration Office, Highland Park, 171 Reservoir Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620.
EXCEPT FEBRUARY 20th, 2017
Please be sure to bring these TWO DOCUMENTS
(not the metal tags) for BOTH:
1) your dog’s or dogs’ License/s
from your Town or City, with current address
2) your dog’s or dogs’ Rabies Certificate/s
Also, remember that the gate access code changes on February 1st, 2017. If you have not renewed for 2017, you will no longer have access to the Dog Parks.
How much does it cost to register my dog(s)?
The annual fee for access to all Monroe County Dog Parks is $24 per dog ($25 if paying by credit/debit card)
How can I pay to register my dog(s)?
Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted for payment
What information do I need to bring with me for registration?
Proof of dog's age (All dogs must be at least 6 months old to register)
Current copy of your dog(s) license(s) from your Town or City, with current address. The dog does not need to be licensed in Monroe County.
Current copy of Rabies Certificate (we require the documentation, not the metal tag)
We will make copies, so that you may keep your documentation.
How long does registration take?
Only 5-10 minutes, as you will just need to fill out a permit and agreement in person, while we process your other documentation. (These documents are not available online for download in advance, as they are filled out in triplicate.)
For what period of time is the registration valid?
New registrations are required annually. All registrations expire on December 31st of each year.
Any registration processed after Oct 1st, is valid through the end of the following year. If registration occurs before Oct 1st, it is only valid through the end of the current calendar year.
Renewal packets for the following year will be mailed to currently registered Dog Park members by late November.
What do I need to know before I use the dog parks?
- What are the benefits of dog parks?
- Providing a legal recreational outlet for dog owners who want to exercise and socialize their dogs in a safe, leash-free environment
- Preventing unwanted encounters between unleashed dogs and other park users
- Allowing people with limited mobility to exercise their dogs in a safe, accessible place
- Bringing people together to promote a greater sense of community
- What if I have other questions, not answered by the information listed above?
- Feel Free to call the Parks Department Staff at 753-7275 (PARK), or click here to send us an email inquiry.
- How can I make a charitable contribution to the Dog Park Trust Fund?
- Donate by Check:
Please make your check payable to “Monroe County Parks Department” and include “For Dog Park Trust Fund” on the memo line. Mail your check to:
Friends of the Monroe County Dog Parks
c/o Monroe County Parks Department
171 Reservoir Avenue
Rochester, NY 14620
- Donate Items or Services:
Donations of items or services are greatly appreciated! If you would like to donate items or services, at email@example.com and let us know how you can help
- Donate by Credit/Debit Card: THIS OPTION IS FOR DONATIONS ONLY! (NO DOG REGISTRATIONS)