Abraham Lincoln Park
In recognition of the 200th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln’s birth, Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks announced on February 12, 2009 that the County has renamed Irondequoit Bay Park East in his honor. The beautiful 182 acre County Park, located on the east shore of Irondequoit Bay in the Town of Penfield, is now officially known as Abraham Lincoln Park.
- DOWNLOAD the official press release.
- A concept plan, developed by EDR, for Phase 1 improvements at Abraham Lincoln Park (1559 Empire Boulevard).
Location and Directions
Abraham Lincoln Park is 182 acres and is located along the southeastern shoreline of Irondequoit Bay within the Town of Penfield. Enter the park from Smith Road off Empire Boulevard, or access the park on Empire Boulevard near Daytona Avenue.
Download PARK MAP
- Geo-caching (Approximately 17 caches)
- Hiking/Running Trails
- Nature Play Area
- Picnic Tables
- Public-use shelters
- Cross Country Skiing (non-groomed)
- Proximity to Irondequoit Bay
Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update
Monroe County is developing plans to improve the Ellison Area Parks. The DRAFT Master Plan Update from the consultant was reviewed at the Parks Advisory Committee meeting on 2/26/09 and is now posted here for your review. Please direct any comments regarding the DRAFT Master Plan Update to this e-mail address or the Monroe County Department of Parks at 171 Reservoir Ave., Rochester, NY 14620. The Parks Advisory Committee will consider the plan at its next meeting, scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. at the Monroe County Parks Office at 171 Reservoir Avenue in Highland Park. In order to accommodate public comment to the fullest extent, while also providing the Parks Department, its Master Plan consultant and the Parks Advisory Committee with ample time to review the comments, the deadline for submission will be: Monday, March 16, 2009 at Noon. Comments received after the deadline will continue to be received and catalogued for inclusion in the final appendix of public comment, up until the conclusion of the master plan update process.
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Report
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Matrix
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Summary of Recommendations
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) All Appendices
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) All Figures
- Public Comments (letters)
- Public Comments (Community Groups/Municipal)
Rules and Regulations
Abraham Lincoln Park has a carry in-carry out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park. All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Winter Park Hours
November 1st until March 31st, Monday through Thursday the park is open 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Friday through Sunday the park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Summer Park Hours
April 1st until October 31st, the park is open everyday from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.