Greece Canal Park
This 577 acre park is ideal for hiking, bird watching and cross-country skiing. The park also has a baseball diamond, soccer field, tennis courts, playgrounds and youth camping area. It has one of our two legal off-leash Dog Parks in the County Park system.
Location and Directions
Greece Canal Park is located in the western portion of the county in the Town of Greece, south of Route 104 (Ridge Road), north of the NYS Barge Canal. Enter the park at 241 Elmgrove Road.
Download PARK MAP
Download TRAIL MAP
Click to get detailed directions
Activities available in Greece Canal Park
- Camping (for youth groups/Scouts and by reservation only)
- Cross-Country Skiing (non-groomed)
- Dog Park (legal, off-leash; registration required)
- Fishing- Fishing is allowed in Greece Canal Park as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
- Geo-caching (approximately 17 caches)
- Lodges and Shelters for Rent
- Pickleball (seasonal)- nets are up for the season as of Tuesday, April 29th.
- Tennis (seasonal)- nets are up for the season as of Tuesday, April 29th.
-- general use water spigots, picnic tables and pet waste receptacles available
Rules and Regulations
Greece Canal Park has a carry in-carry out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park. All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Winter Park Hours
November 1st until March 31st, Monday through Thursday park services are available from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Lodges are available at 10:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Friday through Sunday the park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Lodges are available 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. (Millennium and Grasso until 11p.m.)
Summer Park Hours
April 1st until October 31st, the park is open everyday from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Lodges and shelters are available to rent from 10:00 a.m. until 10:30p.m. (Millennium and Grasso until 11p.m.)
Lodges and Shelters
Greece Canal Park offers three lodges and one shelter.
Each lodge includes an oven, refrigerator, folding tables & chairs, and indoor, flush toilet facilities. Outside, they have a charcoal grill, though the charcoal is not provided. The open-air shelter holds 80 people, has picnic tables, a grill, and electricity.
For information and reservations please call 585 753-7275 or go to our Online Lodge & Shelter Reservation System.
Rent Thomas X. Grasso Lodge HERE
There are two restrooms located in Greece Canal Park; one is located near the Millennium Lodge and the other is located near the Towpath Shelter. Both are flush toilets and handicap accessible. See the park map for specific locations.
There are two playgrounds in Greece Canal Park, one next to the Millennium Lodge and the other between the Rotary Lodge and the Towpath Shelter. See the park map for specific locations.
Greece Canal Park has one softball field and one soccer field, near Millennium Lodge, that are available for rent. Click here for the Special Use Application or call 585 753-PARK (7275) for more information.
- Pages 1 and 9 of this application are relevant for field rentals; We start accepting Special Use Field Applications on January 31st, 2014 at 8:30
There are also 3 tennis courts that are also lined for Pickleball. These courts are located next to Millennium Lodge.
See the park map for specific locations.