Agricultural Festival Environmental Review
Monroe County has made the State Environmental Quality Review of the Monroe County Agricultural Festival at Northampton Park available to the public. Please click the link below to download a full copy of the review.
Northampton Park (973 acres) has hiking, bridle and cross-country ski trails, a downhill ski slope, a model airplane field, playground equipment, soccer fields, and a scout/youth camping area. The park also offers two lodges that are available for rent. Horseback riding is permitted.
There are two enclosed lodges, the Ski Lodge, which holds 80 people, has picnic tables, a wood burning stove on the inside, a grill, water spigot and bathrooms. The Knollwood Lodge holds 99 people, has a stove, refrigerator, indoor bathrooms, picnic tables, a fireplace and a charcoal grill.
Location and Directions
Northampton Park office is located at 304 Salmon Creek Road in the western portion of the county, south of Route 31 (Spencerport Road) and west of Route 36 (Washington Street) in the Towns of Sweden and Ogden.
The park office is located at 304 Salmon Creek Road, Brockport, NY 14420.
Download PARK MAP
Download TRAIL MAP
Click to get detailed directions.
Common Recreation Activities at Northampton Park
- Cross-Country Skiing (non-groomed)
- Downhill Skiing
- Fishing- Fishing is allowed in Northampton Park as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
- Geo-caching (approximately 28 caches)
- Horseback Riding
- Lodges for Rent
- Model Airplane Flying Field
- Sledding (in desginated area only)
- Soccer fields
- Springdale Farm
- Access to creek
- picnic tables available for general use
Rules and Regulations
- Northampton Park has a Carry-in Carry-out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park.
- All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Winter Park Hours
Summer Park Hours
Downhill Skiing information
Swain Ski Resort and Monroe County Parks are teaming up again this winter to bring you downhill skiing at Northampton Park.
Due to warm temperatures, skiing at Northampton Park has closed for the remainder of the 2016-17 season.
For more information about Skiing at the Park, please see:
Visit Springdale Farm
Springdale Farm, located in Ogden, New York, is operated by Heritage Christian Services and owned by Monroe County. Springdale Farm is a premiere agricultural education facility open to the public, and serves as a day program site for adults with developmental disabilities, who care for the plants and animals, maintain the beautiful farm grounds and welcome over 40,000 visitors each year.
In addition to school tours, Springdale Farm also serves as a popular community facility for family activities and outdoor recreation with its nature trails, duck pond and many farm festivals. Heritage Christian is grateful to operate a flourishing fresh-air site like Springdale Farm and strives to provide family-oriented activities throughout the year.
- For more information visit the Springdale Farm website.
- Springdale Farm is available for private and corporate events - Rental Information
- Kids have an "udderly" fantastic birthday at Springdale Farm - Birthday Information
Pulver House Museum
The Ogden Historical Society runs the museum. It is open from mid-May through mid-October on Sundays 2-4 pm.
Radio-Control Flying Field
Northampton Park’s Radio Control flying field is used by clubs and members of the public. Users are required to have an AMA license. The rules are posted at the field and must be observed at all times.
For further information contact the Radio Control Club of Rochester.
See the park map for specific locations.
Northampton Park has two soccer fields that are available for rent. Click here for the Special Use Application or call 585 753-PARK (7275) for more information.
- We start accepting Special Use Field Applications for the upcoming year on the last Friday in January at 8:30am.
The designated sledding hill is located across the street from the Ski Lodge on Hubble Road. The park also features a ski hill with a rope tow, which is located on Hubble Road. For more information including lessons and hours check out the flyer. Swain Ski Resort runs the learn-to-ski program for the Monroe County Parks Department.