Ontario Beach Park
Swimming at Ontario Beach
- The 2015 swimming season at Ontario Beach Park is now open. Swimming is permitted from 11am-7pm each day, as conditions allow. For more inforamtion, please call 585-753-5887.
Whether taking a romantic stroll along its picturesque pier, riding the Historic 1905 Dentzel Carousel, or boating, Ontario Beach Park provides all that’s necessary for a perfect summer day at the beach. Ontario Beach Park attracts tens of thousands of visitors annually. The park is a total of 39 acres and offers seven shelters that are available for rent in the summer months.
Location and Directions
Ontario Beach Park is located on the shore of Lake Ontario in the northernmost section of the City of Rochester near the Irondequoit border.
The park office is located at 4650 Lake Avenue, Rochester, NY 14612.
Download PARK MAP
Click to get detailed directions.
- Beach Volleyball (no equipment provided by Parks Dept.)
- Boating (Boat Launch passes through the City of Rochester)
- Carousel (seasonal)
- Geo-caching (approximately 2 caches)
- Food Service (seasonal)
- Lodge and Shelters for Rent
- Pickleball (seasonal)- nets will go up for the season as of Wednesday, May 7th.
- Swimming (seasonal)
-- *soccer/baseball fields managed by the Charlotte Youth Association
Rules and Regulations
Ontario Beach Park is open daily 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Glass, pets, and amplified music are not allowed.
Lodges and Shelters
The five open air shelters come with picnic tables, grills, electricity, water and bathrooms nearby.
The Roger Robach Community Center is available for weddings, parties, and picnics! It is located beachfront at Ontario Beach Park (180 Beach Ave, Rochester, NY 14612. Photos are available in our reservation system or can be sent to you via email by our reservations staff.
Pickleball Season is back for 2015!
- Our 6 pickleball nets at Ontario Beach Park are still open for the season, and will close on October 15th. They are located at the Roger Robach Community Center on Beach Ave.
Concerts By The Shore
- Click here for the 2015 schedule
2015 Ontario Beach Big Band Dance Series
- Click here for the 2015 Schedule
Operating Schedule for the Historic Dentzel Carousel
The Carousel’s 2015 Operating Schedule is, as follows.
- Memorial Day Weekend through June 25th – Open Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from 12-9pm
- June 26th - Labor Day - Open everyday from 12-9pm
- The Carousel will close for the season on Monday, September 8th for renovations.
The Carousel’s 2015 Price Schedule is, as follows:
- Single Ride -- $1.00
- Punch Card (12 rides for the cost of 10) -- $10.00 **Valid Any Time**
- Wrist Band (Ride All Day) -- $5.00
The carousel was carved and created by the firm of G.A. Dentzel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was installed at Ontario Beach Park in 1905, and has remained in its original location, ever since. The carousel is a menagerie model and consists of 52 riding animals and two chariots, set in three rows. The hand-carved animals include: 22 Jumping Horses; 11 Standing Horses; 3 Cats; 1 Deer; 1 Giraffe; 1 Goat; 1 Lion; 2 Mules; 3 Ostriches; 3 Pigs; 3 Rabbits; and 1 Tiger. In 1984, the County initiated a complete restoration of the animals to their original condition. The carousel has also been modified to accommodate ADA accessibility.
There is one playground in Ontario Beach Park. See the park map for specific locations.
See the park map for specific locations.
Ontario Beach Park has many different water activities, swimming is allowed daily 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the summer, for water conditions call 585 753-5887.
Fishing is allowed in Ontario Beach Park as long as those fishing are not in the swimming area, and are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
Ontario Beach Park has six beach volleyball courts that are available for rent. Click here for the Special Use Application or call 585 753-PARK (7275) for more information.
- Pages 1, 2, and 10 of this application are relevant for field rentals; We start accepting Special Use Field Applications on January 30th, 2015 at 8:30
The baseball fields are scheduled and managed by the Charlotte Youth Association.