Ontario Beach Park
Swimming at Ontario Beach
- The 2014 swimming season is open and will continue through Labor Day.
- During the swimming season, you can call the swimming conditions hotline at anytime for conditions at 585-753-5887 - it is updated daily.
Whether taking a romantic stroll along its picturesque pier, riding the 1905 Dentzel menagerie carousel, or boating, Ontario Beach Park provides all that’s necessary for a perfect summer day at the beach. Ontario Beach Park attracts tens of thousands of visitors annually. The park is a total of 39 acres and offers seven shelters that are available for rent in the summer months.
Location and Directions
Ontario Beach Park is located on the shore of Lake Ontario in the northernmost section of the City of Rochester near the Irondequoit border.
The park office is located at 4650 Lake Avenue, Rochester, NY 14612.
Download PARK MAP
Click to get detailed directions.
- Beach Volleyball (no equipment provided by Parks Dept.)
- Boating (Boat Launch passes through the City of Rochester)
- Carousel (seasonal)
- Geo-caching (approximately 2 caches)
- Food Service (seasonal)
- Lodge and Shelters for Rent
- Pickleball (seasonal)- nets will go up for the season as of Wednesday, May 7th.
- Swimming (seasonal)
-- *soccer/baseball fields managed by the Charlotte Youth Association
Rules and Regulations
Ontario Beach Park is open daily 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Glass, pets, and amplified music are not allowed.
Lodges and Shelters
The seven open air shelters come with picnic tables, grills, electricity, water and bathrooms nearby. The Roger Robach Community Center (Bathhouse) (180 Beach Avenue, Rochester, NY 14612) has been renovated and available to rent for picnics, parties and weddings.
Rent Roger Robach Center HERE
Pickleball Season is back for 2014!
- Our pickleball nets at Ontario Beach Park are up for the season as of Wednesday, May 7th, 2014.
Concerts By The Shore
2014 Ontario Beach Big Band Dance Series
- Full schedule for spring and fall 2014.
Operating Schedule for the Historic Dentzel Carousel at Monroe County's Ontario Beach Park
The Carousel’s 2014 Operating Schedule is, as follows.
- Memorial Day Weekend – Open Friday, May 23 through Monday, May 26
- Post-Memorial Day until June 27 – Open Weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- June 27 through Labor Day – Open Daily (7-Days per Week)
- Post-Labor Day through Columbus Day – Open Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Columbus Day – Open Monday, October 13 (Last Day of 2013 Season)
The Carousel’s 2014 Hours of Operation are: Noon to 9:00 p.m.
The Carousel’s 2013 Price Schedule is, as follows:
- Single Ride -- $1.00
- Punch Card (12 rides for the cost of 10) -- $10.00 **Valid Any Time**
- Wrist Band (Ride All Day) -- $5.00
The carousel was carved and created by the firm of G.A. Dentzel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was installed at Ontario Beach Park in 1905, and has remained in its original location, ever since. The carousel is a menagerie model and consists of 52 riding animals and two chariots, set in three rows. The hand-carved animals include: 22 Jumping Horses; 11 Standing Horses; 3 Cats; 1 Deer; 1 Giraffe; 1 Goat; 1 Lion; 2 Mules; 3 Ostriches; 3 Pigs; 3 Rabbits; and 1 Tiger. In 1984, the County initiated a complete restoration of the animals to their original condition. The carousel has also been modified to accommodate ADA accessibility.
There is one playground in Ontario Beach Park. See the park map for specific locations.
See the park map for specific locations.
Ontario Beach Park has many different water activities, swimming is allowed daily 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the summer, for water conditions call 585 753-5887.
Fishing is allowed in Ontario Beach Park as long as those fishing are not in the swimming area, and are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
Ontario Beach Park has six beach volleyball courts that are available for rent. Click here for the Special Use Application or call 585 753-PARK (7275) for more information.
- Pages 1 and 9 of this application are relevant for field rentals; We start accepting Special Use Field Applications on January 31st, 2014 at 8:30
There are also 6 Pickleball courts. These courts are located off Beach Avenue and are open seasonally.
The soccer and baseball fields are scheduled and managed by the Charlotte Youth Association.