VIEW TRAIL MAP
Tryon Park contains 82 undeveloped acres on the western shore of Irondequoit Bay and offers hiking and natural scenic areas.
This park is mainly undeveloped but offers nature enthusiasts some hiking trails.
Location and Directions
Tryon Park is located off Tryon Road off of North Winton Road between Browncroft and Empire Boulevards.
- Cross-Country Skiing (no groomed trails)
- Fishing- Fishing is allowed in Tryon Park as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
- Geo-caching (approximatly 3 caches)
- Off-road Cycling
-- proximity to creek
Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update
Monroe County is developing plans to improve the Ellison Area Parks. The DRAFT Master Plan Update from the consultant was reviewed at the Parks Advisory Committee meeting on 2/26/09 and is now posted here for your review. Please direct any comments regarding the DRAFT Master Plan Update to this e-mail address or the Monroe County Department of Parks at 171 Reservoir Ave., Rochester, NY 14620. The Parks Advisory Committee will consider the plan at its next meeting, scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. at the Monroe County Parks Office at 171 Reservoir Avenue in Highland Park. In order to accommodate public comment to the fullest extent, while also providing the Parks Department, its Master Plan consultant and the Parks Advisory Committee with ample time to review the comments, the deadline for submission will be: Monday, March 16, 2009 at Noon. Comments received after the deadline will continue to be received and catalogued for inclusion in the final appendix of public comment, up until the conclusion of the master plan update process.
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Report
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Matrix
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) Summary of Recommendations
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) All Appendices
- Ellison Park Area Master Plan Update (DRAFT) All Figures
- Public Comments (letters)
- Public Comments (Community Groups/Municipal)
Rules and Regulations
Tryon Park has a Carry-in Carry-out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park. All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Winter Park Hours
November 1st until March 31st, Monday through Thursday park services are available from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Friday through Sunday the park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Summer Park Hours
April 1st until October 31st, the park is open everyday from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.