VIEW TRAIL MAP
Tryon Park contains 82 undeveloped acres on the western shore of Irondequoit Bay and offers hiking and natural scenic areas.
This park is mainly undeveloped but offers nature enthusiasts some hiking trails.
SHARED-USE CONNECTOR TRAIL PROPOSAL
At its March Meeting, the Monroe County Parks Advisory Committee (PAC) hosted a Public Workshop on Shared Use Trails in Tryon Park, which included the presentation of a trail expansion proposal by Genesee Regional Off-Road Cyclists (GROC), as well as an opportunity for public input/discussion.
The GROC proposal would create a new shared use trail in Tryon Park to connect the existing shared use trails in Tryon Park and Irondequoit Bay Park West.
A copy of the presentation and proposal is posted for review, here: GROC PRESENTATION & PROPOSAL.
Public input/comment on the proposal was welcomed and received by the Monroe County Parks Department.
At the April PAC Meeting, the Parks Department presented its preliminary analysis of the proposal.
A copy of the preliminary analysis is posted for review, here: MC PARKS PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS.
The Parks Department’s Findings and Recommendations are, as follows:
· The proposed trail improves safety by promoting a route that encourages users to cross at a signalized crosswalk.
· The proposed trail utilizing sustainable design meets the environmental thresholds for construction.
· The trail location does not meet the 100’ preferred minimum for a buffer throughout the entire length of the trail.
· Due to the potential impact on neighboring properties it is recommended that alternative routes and other mitigation measures be evaluated prior to further consideration of this proposal.
The Monroe County Department of Parks stands ready to work with all interested parties to facilitate further analysis of the connector trail proposal and any other options.
Location and Directions
Tryon Park is located off Tryon Road off of North Winton Road between Browncroft and Empire Boulevards.
Common Recreation Activities at Tryon Park
- Cross-Country Skiing (no groomed trails)
- Fishing- Fishing is allowed in Tryon Park as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation guidelines and rules and have the required licenses.
- Geo-caching (approximatly 3 caches)
- Off-road Cycling
-- proximity to creek
Rules and Regulations
- Tryon Park has a Carry-in Carry-out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park.
- All pets must be leashed and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.